Our environmental assessment of a property begins with an evaluation of its role in the surrounding sustainable ecology, and the opportunity to retain or enhance existing natural systems.
We prepare ecological baseline assessments, fish and wildlife habitat assessments, fisheries enhancement and compensation works, and riparian habitat remediation.
Our sustainability planning assessments consider opportunities to enhance existing natural systems to comply with local, provincial, and federal regulations.
Our Fish, Wildlife, and Habitat Services include:
- Ecological Baseline Assessments
- Fish & Wildlife Habitat Assessments
- Heron & Raptor Surveys
- Negotiations & Permitting services
- Fisheries enhancement & compensations works
- Riparian habitat remediation
- Environmental design & installation
- Creek relocation and bank stabilization
- Conservation covenants & Ecogift dedications
- Species-at-Risk Assessment
Fish, wildlife, and habitat assessments are often the first step in determining potential sustainable land use. Our Environmental team has the expertise to conduct thorough field analysis, which is guided by our knowledge and understanding of government regulations, best management construction practices, and land use planning requirements.
- Maximizes usable land area by enhancing local environmental values
- Creates win-win solutions for land owners, environmental agencies and the natural environment
- Takes environmental designs through to construction works to maximize plant survival through maintenance periods
- Has extensive knowledge of provincial and federal review, and approval processes
- Design stormwater biofiltration works to complement on-site engineering requirements
- Uses innovative techniques and products to reduce costs
Our Successful Projects
Delsom Estates (Sunstone Community), DeltaPLG provided the fish and wildlife assessment for the 107 acre, master planned community in Delta. The assessment assisted in determining the impact of development on the existing fish and wildlife habitats on site. Learn more
B&B Contracting, SurreyCompilation of a report for the Environmental Review Committee (ERC); focusing on the existing water course and establishment of riparian setbacks in accordance with guidelines outlined in the "Fisheries Sensitive Zones", in the Streamside Protection Regulations of the BC Fish Protection Act (2001). Proposed compensation for relaxed riparian setbacks, including provision of replacement plantings and additional setback dedication on site.
Cloverdale Cold Storage, SurreyWildlife assessment, including raptor-heron study, prior to the development of an 119,393 sq.ft cold storage warehouse. Compilation of ERC report and attendance at the ERC meeting. Learn more
Ercon, AbbotsfordPLG provided the Environmental Overview for a 29.6 acre property in Abbotsford, BC. The review identified the water courses on site, and the development potential of the property in accordance with the Riparian Area Regulations for setbacks.
Campbell Heights 24 Industrial Park, SurreyPLG dedicated a wildlife corridor on site, to allow access and connectivity for local wildlife. Collaborated with Surrey's Environmental Review Committee and planners to re-designate and relocate the on-site stream, and develop a bioswale along the southern portion of the property.
"Credit must go to the corporate teams from Pacific Land Group that listened to our concerns and considered the safety of the environment in the event of a possible fuel spill."