Effective community input and appropriate responses from the planning team can significantly improve a project's chances at the political level. PLG has developed and conducted visioning workshops and opinion surveys, and has coordinated numerous stakeholder meetings and public consultation programs.
We are adept at acting on stakeholder concerns to achieve both community and political support.
Public Consultation and Facilitation Services:
Public consultation and facilitation programs are frequently developed as a component of many of our development projects involving sensitive land use. Our consultation processes include:
- Public Survey & Methodology Designlocation
- Neighbourhood Support/Canvassing Programs
- Public Information Meetings)
- Preparation & Coordination of Display Materials
- Summary Report to Client and Planning Departments
- Design of Questionnaires
- Focus Groups & Visioning Exercises
- Neighbourhood Consultation Programs
- Project Open House Management
Our Successful Projects
- Delsom Estates (Sunstone Community)
PLG acted as the lead consultant for a 107 acre masterplanned community which included park, commercial, multi-family and single family uses at 84th Avenue and Nordel Way, Delta. Learn more
- Bear Creek Plaza
PLG was the coordinating consultant for converting 7 low density residential lots (3 acres) into a neighbourhood commercial centre at 88 Avenue and King George Highway, Surrey.
- 64th Avenue / Mufford Crescent Overpass
PLG was commissioned to manage the Transportation Corridor Use approval from the Agricultural Land Commission (ALC). The proposal involved impacts on agriculture lands and complex land acquisition issues. Learn more
- Gas Stations (Shell, Chevron and Husky at various locations)
- South Surrey Engineering Works Yard Open House
PLG organized the public open house and gathered public opinion on proposed site locations.
- PacificLink Business Park
PLG was the coordinating consultant for this 80 acre multi use site at Scott Road and 103A Avenue Surrey. We drafted a Comprehensive Development Zoning Bylaw to permit mixed-use development and minimize road requirements. Learn more
"Our success is the direct result of your ability to understand the needs of approval agencies and to ensure maximum utilization of the property."